Sunday, November 11, 2012

Throwback Shit: "Junior"



I have always loved Arnold Schwarzenegger in those non-action roles where he can really exhibit is knack for comedic timing. There is no film where his hidden talent is more apparent than in Junior.


Junior
Starring: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Danny Devito,
Emma Thompson
Directed by Ivan Reitman
My Opinion: A Must.
I don't know what the critical response was to this film. I was only four years old when it came out. I'm sure it was fair, but not what it deserves. This movie is fucking hilarious. The whole concept of the manliest man in hollywood getting pregnant with a miracle fertility drug, and Danny Devito acting like the daddy is comedic gold.

It makes no sense and they don't even try to explain any of the biological impossibilities, but it doesn't matter. This movie is so good that you just don't care. When those hormones kick in, the funny is killer... I can't say much more about this film because it just is what it is: and it's awesome! I can't imagine anyone with a heard and a funny bone could dislike it.

I'm sure my rating is over doing it. But hey, good comedy is always welcome on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment