Sunday, November 11, 2012

Review of "The Avengers"



I think the only way you can actually watch this movie is if you are in a setting that forces you to watch it - such as a movie theater. Otherwise, anything, even a sleeping cat, will distract you during the parts that don't have a deafening soundtrack. This movie is a bunch of white people and Samuel Jackson kind of being super heroes, but also kind of being assholes to each other. I didn't expect an orgy of friendship and virtue, but what the fuck was the director intending here? It's just a mish-mash of awesome special effects and Scarlett Johanson being sexy. Robin from HIMYM ain't looking too bad in that catsuit either.

The Avengers
Starring: Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans,
Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo
Directed by Joss Whedon
My Opinon: Eh.
Anyway, I don't know if I'd call this a movie as much as I'd call it a bag of money. It has spectacle, so it's not absolutely worthless, and honestly, I didn't really give it an open-armed chance. But I think the prequels are far better. Maybe they tried to tackle too much? I don't know, I just don't feel that cozy hero feeling coming from this flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment