Monday, May 21, 2012

Recent movies I'm too lazy to give a full review to...




21 Jumpstreet: Hilarious. I almost want Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill to try dating... literally some of the best chemistry I've ever seen.



Another Earth: Interesting moral questions are raised though not far from predictability. Wonderful acting and lovely production work make this a solid watch.






The Artist: A sentimental love-note to the movies. Wonderful, but a tad overrated and contrived.
 




Carnage: The acting is what makes it.




The Descendants: A generic Oscar nom that runs about a half hour too long.



Drive: An artsy, high-quality Fast and the Furious. Well done indeed.




Friends with Kids: Funny at times, but it gets dry and I didn't like the ending at all. I saw lost potential.


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Great direction and acting, but I would have understood a lot more had I read the book.




Hugo: Incredibly imaginative.




Hunger Games: You know, sometimes it's OK to stray from the book. You know, to avoid simply recapping all the events of the story without adding anything but Jennifer Lawrence's face. Very dull, in my opinion, but it's still exciting to see the story that was so intoxicating. Regardless, I suggest reading the books.



Immortals: Too much stupid, not enough action. Just re-watch 300.
Blind.


Just Add Water: Just add boring. It's an average flick, at times entertaining with witty bits.


Melancholia: If you aren't deeply terrified at this movie, you're a sociopath. A little on the slow side, but for good reason.


Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol: International and gripping.

The Muppet Movie: Meta-cinematic, soaked in wit, and fully entertaining for all. 


Scream 4: What a tribute to the original!

Shark Night 3D: Weren't there supposed to be a lot of sharks attacking people in this movie? Cause I remember one... maybe two.
Blind.



Perfect Sense: Very disturbing and still subtle.





The Sitter: A morally confusing but sentimental adventure.



Twilight: Breaking Dawn Pt. II: My first adventure into the realm of Twilight, and it consumed me like... well, you know. Retarded, but thoroughly entertaining and way better with the Riff trax.


Wanderlust: Surprisingly quippy and very fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment