Monday, April 1, 2013

Review of "Argo"



Argo concerns a group of US diplomats who are trying to escape Iran and the hothead who rescues them.

Argo
Starring Ben Affleck, John Goodman, Bryan Cranston
Directed by Ben Affleck
My Opinion: Tastes like Lean Cuisine.
I've had no respect for the Oscars for some time, so I wasn't all that surprised when Argo was a generic popcorn movie. The film isn't bad, it's just very slow and boring. Had there been a little more action, a little more wit and a lot less waiting, I would have been more satisfied. However, like that of the other Best Picture nominations of 2013, the pacing is extremely slow. Argo lacks the artfulness of Lincoln and the thrills and controversy of Zero Dark Thirty. Perhaps staring at Affleck's dowdy face and pube beard threw me off, but I did not enjoy his movie. It's just kind of lame.


No comments:

Post a Comment