Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"Twilight" Review


I was a hater for a long time. Then I saw Breaking Dawn Part I and it changed me, probably for the worse, but it changed me nonetheless. My thirst for camp and unintentional comedy was quenched and my awe of cultural phenomenon was thoroughly stimulated. I was even infatuated with Kristen Stewart's terrible furrowed-brow-form of acting. It's just so bad, but a very entertaining guilty cinematic pleasure.

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part II
Starring: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner
Directed by Bill Condon
My Opinon: Not bad
Unfortunately,  Part II is no where near as ridiculous as Part I, and is definitely not as fun. However, it has so many moments of heightened stupidity that I was absorbed for the whole ride. The awkward sex scene, the inconsistent sizes of the wolves, and the battle scene. One of my favorite comedic moments of 2012 is when Bella Swan is experiencing her first moments as a vampire. Her hungry face looks like she's desperately trying to expel a turd that's 10 inches in diameter. Overall, I was happy and will watch it again. Not a bad finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment