Monday, December 3, 2012

"The Cove" Review



The Cove
Directed by Louis Psyihoyos
My Opinon: Worth the trauma.
I know this movie is like three Oscar seasons ago, but it fucked my mind forever so I have to write about it. I've always thought that dolphins were the most interesting members of the animal kingdom, aside from humans of course. The Cove illustrates the similarities between the aforementioned species and convinces the viewer that dolphins deserve to be treated as something more than a pest.

This is by far the most disturbing documentary I have ever seen, however, it is also possibly the best. The entire layout is flawless and unlike a lot of documentaries, it stays watched. You will not forget a thing, because you will probably have nightmares after. Still, it presents both sides and somehow makes you understand the reason why these creatures are killed. It's just traumatically wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment